Sunday, December 21, 2008

2 sugeries in two months

my daughter was born with a hole in her diaphragm, so her stomach and all of her left side organs were in her chest cavity. so we found out about 4 years ago that some time in her life she would have to get surgery on it to repair it. this is from my daughters first surgery they did three incisions and they did it liproscopicly.
well my daughter got sick on her birthday and we just thought that it was just the common flu that was going around, but then after a week instead of getting better she went from bad to worse. we went out to celebrate my wife's birthday out at olive garden and all of a sudden she pushed her food away and set her head on the table. well i just told my wife " just take her to the ER". well she did and she got x-rays there and we found out that her diaphragm split into two and one part of her diaphragm was wrapped around her lung and deflated it and the other half of her diaphragm was pushing her heart to the right of her chest. so my wife was in the Madigan ER and had to rush Morgan up to Seattle Children ER in a matter of one hour. so in a matter of 24 hours my daughter was in two hospitals, two ER rooms, one surgery room, and one room that she stayed in for one week! but now she is on bed rest and she is making a speedy recovery!


2 comments:

Rachel Hudgins said...

Morgan...I am so glad you are doing better! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! See you soon.

Mimi said...

What a TOUGH girl!! Morgan is Super girl.

So happy that everything is fine now... and that you're home!! The hospital is no place to live ;-)